HERE ARE SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS AND IMAGES ABOUT ANYTHING THAT I FOUND INTERESTING. HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE A FEW THINGS WORTH READING THAT HAVE BEEN ACCIDENTALLY LEFT AMONG THESE MENTAL SCRIBBLES. THERE MIGHT EVEN BE FOUND A FEW LAUGHS AMONG THESE THOUGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN ACCUMULATED DURING A LIFE THAT WAS ALWAYS FASCINATED WITH THE SECRETS OF EXISTENCE. SO GO AHEAD AND LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING MORE IMPORTANT OR WORTHWHILE TO LEAVE BEHIND. ANYONE WHO REALLY KNOWS ME KNOWS I'VE ALWAYS TRIED TO LIVE UP TO THE WORDS: "FUCK 'EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A JOKE."

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

PAY ATTENTION – THERE MAY BE A QUIZ



This picture of the sun was taken Tuesday by the Ulysses spacecraft. That blotch at 1 o’clock is a full-fledged sunspot! It’s the first since July and marks the end of the longest spotless period since – well, since we began keeping track of these things. The longest period by far. This isn’t a good time for energy/heating bills to get higher because it’s going to get real cold in this part of the galaxy real soon. Martinize those fur coats now! (For details see earlier posts and click here.)

Everyone must be getting very tired of me being right so often lately. (Believe me; it’s not easy for me either.) But anyone who has listened to my admittedly boring ramblings lately know that I correctly predicted the sunspot crisis, the economic collapse, the Mets’ collapse, the Yankee disappointment, the Jets’ Farve mistake, the correct treatment(s) of my various diseases, the nation’s political future (so far) and, perhaps most importantly, the cause of most of the world’s trouble. More about that in a few seconds.

But first, for those of you who don’t believe the current lucky roll I’m on, you should ask my broker, who, 24 hours before the economy and the market tanked, argued with me and insisted that this was the exact wrong time to buy gold. For once, I refused to listen and insisted. He completed the transaction just in time to see the price of gold to see the biggest single day increase in history. Like Bernie said to me during the 1993 Post carnival, “Marc, sometimes when you’re on a roll, you just have to go with it.” My mom, of course, urged caution.

Now for the quiz – stop whining, I did warn you there might be one. It’s just one multiple choice question. Text your answer to 917-353-3111.

Q: The one man most responsible for almost all the trouble in the world in 2008 is:

A) Osama bin Laden
B) George W. Bush, Jr., II, the younger
C) Allen Greenspan
D) Vince Lombardi
E) None of the above

Write in answers are invited, although they’ll be wrong. The correct answer will be revealed here next time I get around to posting something. Have fun – and remember, spelling never counts.

No comments:

-----------------------------------------------------------

.