HERE ARE SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS AND IMAGES ABOUT ANYTHING THAT I FOUND INTERESTING. HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE A FEW THINGS WORTH READING THAT HAVE BEEN ACCIDENTALLY LEFT AMONG THESE MENTAL SCRIBBLES. THERE MIGHT EVEN BE FOUND A FEW LAUGHS AMONG THESE THOUGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN ACCUMULATED DURING A LIFE THAT WAS ALWAYS FASCINATED WITH THE SECRETS OF EXISTENCE. SO GO AHEAD AND LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING MORE IMPORTANT OR WORTHWHILE TO LEAVE BEHIND. ANYONE WHO REALLY KNOWS ME KNOWS I'VE ALWAYS TRIED TO LIVE UP TO THE WORDS: "FUCK 'EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A JOKE."

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

JUST CHECKING IN (part 2)



Look at this picture. Is it a unicorn? A real unicorn? The scientists – Italian scientists, I think -- quoted in the story say it’s a genetic mutation that they are studying in the laboratory.

You have to take my word for this I guess, but based on my 35 years in the newspaper business: IT’S A SCAM, YOU IDIOT! I can’t exactly tell you how it was done. Maybe they welded a horn onto a cow’s skull. But it is a fraud. Guaranteed. I’ve seen it before – but usually the ones perpetrated by Ringling Bros. are a little more artful.


But it is a scam – just like global warming, but on a smaller scale. (Incidentally, have you ever asked yourself exactly when Carbon Dioxide became a greenhouse gas? I always thought it was a natural part of Earth’s atmosphere, like nitrogen and oxygen. Plants need it to live. When did it become a bad guy? I’ve seen absolutely no scientific evidence at all that CO2 is contributing to the greenhouse effect.)


Sorry for the rant. It’s been a long week.


Incidentally, I’m weighing in at 252.8 lbs. It’s been steady for over a week now.


I also wanted to show you this pix of John McCain taken over the weekend. Reporters immediately asked if the dressing on his head were the result of another skin cancer operation. McCain laughed it off and said he had bumped his head on a car door. Fashion your seatbelts everyone, it’s going to be a rough campaign.


With that in mind, a brief acknowledgement to Cousin Marty: Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Phyllis. God bless both of you. That's the only important thing I have to say.



No comments:

-----------------------------------------------------------

.