HERE ARE SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS AND IMAGES ABOUT ANYTHING THAT I FOUND INTERESTING. HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE A FEW THINGS WORTH READING THAT HAVE BEEN ACCIDENTALLY LEFT AMONG THESE MENTAL SCRIBBLES. THERE MIGHT EVEN BE FOUND A FEW LAUGHS AMONG THESE THOUGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN ACCUMULATED DURING A LIFE THAT WAS ALWAYS FASCINATED WITH THE SECRETS OF EXISTENCE. SO GO AHEAD AND LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING MORE IMPORTANT OR WORTHWHILE TO LEAVE BEHIND. ANYONE WHO REALLY KNOWS ME KNOWS I'VE ALWAYS TRIED TO LIVE UP TO THE WORDS: "FUCK 'EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A JOKE."

Sunday, May 18, 2008

IT’S NOT EASY

SUNDAY NIGHT -- Eleven days to go.

Well, the weekend’s over and I've made it through 3½ days now without breaking the all-liquid diet. It’s been a lot easier because my darling wife has agreed to join me in this effort simply because she loves me (although she says it’s a matter of solidarity).

I’m allowed 2 cups of low-calorie veggies a day and I’ve discovered that a combination of steamed Brussels sprouts and onions makes a pretty good-tasting meal. Also, I’m allowed high protein drinks like Ensure or Opti-fast. A total of 1000 calories a day – that means 4 bottles of Ensure.

As bad as Ensure tastes by itself, I’ve discovered a combination of chocolate and vanilla mixed with ice in a shake tastes alright. But I really can’t imagine existing on this for another 4 weeks and I’m on the lookout for more recipes.

So far so good. I believe I’ve actually lost some weight and inches already. Tomorrow morning I’ll weigh myself and I’m scheduled for pre-surgery medical tests. Keep tuned, I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

-----------------------------------------------------------

.