HERE ARE SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS AND IMAGES ABOUT ANYTHING THAT I FOUND INTERESTING. HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE A FEW THINGS WORTH READING THAT HAVE BEEN ACCIDENTALLY LEFT AMONG THESE MENTAL SCRIBBLES. THERE MIGHT EVEN BE FOUND A FEW LAUGHS AMONG THESE THOUGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN ACCUMULATED DURING A LIFE THAT WAS ALWAYS FASCINATED WITH THE SECRETS OF EXISTENCE. SO GO AHEAD AND LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING MORE IMPORTANT OR WORTHWHILE TO LEAVE BEHIND. ANYONE WHO REALLY KNOWS ME KNOWS I'VE ALWAYS TRIED TO LIVE UP TO THE WORDS: "FUCK 'EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A JOKE."

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SO FAR, SO GOOD

TUESDAY (9 Days to go) -- Doctor K, my endocrinologist, primary care physician, general contractor for major medical problems and all-around guardian angel, called early this morning. Apparenly, the system sent her a request for medical clearance to go ahead with surgery and being one of the best representatives of this country’s medical establishment, she wanted to actually see me before the operation. I agreed to see her tomorrow afternoon (Dr. K is one of few medical doctors I’ve ever looked forward to visiting).

I have to remember to ask her how I’m going to take the 24 different drugs I take every day after the operation. We need to discuss which are mandatory to take during the two weeks when I’m not able to swallow anything solid.

I still can't believe I've gone five days now without eating anything solid. Basically, the only solid foods I’ve had since last Thursday afternoon’s pastrami on rye has been some low-calorie veggies and a few pretzels I ate in my office yesterday during a rare moment of weakness. This evening, for example, I had a cup and a half of raw carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and celery with a couple of tablespoons of “Green Mountain Gringo” roast garlic salsa. Except for being incredibly hungry, it hasn’t really been so bad.

But I think Dr. K will be happy with my weigh in tomorrow. (Noted: Dr. K is the only human I allow to weigh me on a regular basis.) I like to make her happy. When she’s happy, it means I’m getting better.

No comments:

-----------------------------------------------------------

.