HERE ARE SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS AND IMAGES ABOUT ANYTHING THAT I FOUND INTERESTING. HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE A FEW THINGS WORTH READING THAT HAVE BEEN ACCIDENTALLY LEFT AMONG THESE MENTAL SCRIBBLES. THERE MIGHT EVEN BE FOUND A FEW LAUGHS AMONG THESE THOUGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN ACCUMULATED DURING A LIFE THAT WAS ALWAYS FASCINATED WITH THE SECRETS OF EXISTENCE. SO GO AHEAD AND LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING MORE IMPORTANT OR WORTHWHILE TO LEAVE BEHIND. ANYONE WHO REALLY KNOWS ME KNOWS I'VE ALWAYS TRIED TO LIVE UP TO THE WORDS: "FUCK 'EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A JOKE."

Friday, May 23, 2008

SNAG OVERCOME

FRIDAY (5 Days to go (eh, make that 6) Correction, 6 Days to go) – I’m certified. After running at least a half-dozen tests, Dr. U was enthusiastic about the idea. My blood pressure was 120/68! Not bad for a fat guy. I called Dr. K with the good news like a kid calling his parents with a good report card, something I never had the pleasure to do.

I gotta say that sticking to the all-liquid diet was the toughest today as it has been all week. It’s like three in the afternoon on Yom Kippur all the time. I’m hungry. Those four bottles of Ensure disappear a lot faster then I thought. There’s just no way they come close to filling you up. And the veggies just give your teeth something to do. They’re fun at first, but it quickly wears off.

I’m especially hungry in the morning, when I’m usually not hungry. Today I admit to giving into the dark side and having two pretzels behind closed doors in my office.

But I’ve been certified and I’m more psyched then ever. Next stop: The 6th floor of NYU’s Tisch Hospital and the operating room.

No comments:

-----------------------------------------------------------

.