HERE ARE SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS AND IMAGES ABOUT ANYTHING THAT I FOUND INTERESTING. HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE A FEW THINGS WORTH READING THAT HAVE BEEN ACCIDENTALLY LEFT AMONG THESE MENTAL SCRIBBLES. THERE MIGHT EVEN BE FOUND A FEW LAUGHS AMONG THESE THOUGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN ACCUMULATED DURING A LIFE THAT WAS ALWAYS FASCINATED WITH THE SECRETS OF EXISTENCE. SO GO AHEAD AND LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING MORE IMPORTANT OR WORTHWHILE TO LEAVE BEHIND. ANYONE WHO REALLY KNOWS ME KNOWS I'VE ALWAYS TRIED TO LIVE UP TO THE WORDS: "FUCK 'EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A JOKE."

Friday, May 23, 2008

A SNAG?

THURSDAY (6 days to go) -- It started as a real good day today. When I weighted myself this morning, I found that I lost another 6 pounds and I so I tried to fit into what used to be my favorite Zegna suit. It hasn’t fit in five years and three weeks ago when I tried to put it on, it wasn’t even close. But this morning it fit beautifully and I was comfortable all day.

I was hungry during lunchtime for the first time so for the first time I ate more than shakes for lunch. I ordered a small salad with lettuce, carrots, tomatoes and lots of cucumbers without dressing. Not only did it taste good, but it satisfied me. Everything seemed to be going well.

Not on the medical front. Dr. K called this afternoon and I completely expected her to say the rest of the tests and come back and she had certified me ready for surgery. But my confidence was shattered when her first words were “Don’t hate me, but…”

“Oh no!” I said.

She claimed she was just being over-protective but she would feel better about it if a cardiologist joined her in certifying me. With any other doctor I would be suspicious of his reasons. But I trust Dr. K and so I tried to make an appointment with my cardiologist, Dr. W, who saved my life 15 years ago and then saved my father’s six months later. Dr. W is on vacation until a day after the scheduled surgery but his partner, Dr. U, agreed to see me tomorrow morning – in 12 hours actually – after I explained what I need.

One last thing: When I got home this evening, my left foot, the one that is weeping, hurt like hell. I mean singles-like pain: Seven on a scale of 10. Nothing I did or took helped and it looked real raw – like of volcanic surface of Io. I was stumped and in agony. Then I got an idea that it might/must be an allergic reaction. Sounds crazy, I know, but 10 minutes after taking 30 mg of Benadryl it started getting better. And, starting at the top and moving down, it began to look better.

I don’t know, but I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. So I guess this ends as a cliffhanger. See you then.

No comments:

-----------------------------------------------------------

.