HERE ARE SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS AND IMAGES ABOUT ANYTHING THAT I FOUND INTERESTING. HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE A FEW THINGS WORTH READING THAT HAVE BEEN ACCIDENTALLY LEFT AMONG THESE MENTAL SCRIBBLES. THERE MIGHT EVEN BE FOUND A FEW LAUGHS AMONG THESE THOUGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN ACCUMULATED DURING A LIFE THAT WAS ALWAYS FASCINATED WITH THE SECRETS OF EXISTENCE. SO GO AHEAD AND LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING MORE IMPORTANT OR WORTHWHILE TO LEAVE BEHIND. ANYONE WHO REALLY KNOWS ME KNOWS I'VE ALWAYS TRIED TO LIVE UP TO THE WORDS: "FUCK 'EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A JOKE."

Monday, May 26, 2008

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

SUNDAY (4 Days to go) – I’ve just finished watching HBO’s “Recount.” It’s a great piece of work. It’s amazing what that production company can produce. I can’t help thinking about the “Hail to the Thief” sign my father stuck up in several places after the election and Marcia mentioned in her great TV eulogy.

Otherwise, it’s another day of diet shakes and steamed vegetables. It seems to be especially tough on the weekends when you a can about it. But I got a break yesterday when we went out to dinner with Norman and Elaine Lison. We went to a Turkish place in Roslyn with the especially exotic name “Chicken Kabob.” Always great food despite minuscule prices.

You might ask: “Why would I go to a restaurant on this diet.” I don’t know the answer and when I sat down, I felt like a masochist. But I had an unsweetened iced tea, a small cup of lemon chicken soup, a tiny piece of crisp pita bread and a medium sized Greek salad with no dressing and just a sprinkle of feta cheese. Between the food, jokes, conversation and company, I had a great time and left full. It made Saturday easy.

With only few days to go now, I beginning to obsess over details, like in what order I’ll be rolled into the operating room on Thursday. Originally, I was to be first unless there was someone with allergies scheduled later in the day but I had to change the date at the doctor’s request a month ago. I won’t know until Wednesday afternoon when they call me with the time I am supposed to report to the hospital. I’ll be happy if that’s all I have to worry about. I’ve really tried to do everything I can to get ready for this operation.

And yes, I do think Willie Randolph should be fired. Only an arrogant ex-Yankee would not intentionally walk a batter in that situation: tied game, bottom of the 13th, two out, runner on second with their best batter up. What bad could have happened, you idiot?

No comments:

-----------------------------------------------------------

.